Wayne Bretsky and Mark Kaplan recap a busy week in baseball, highlighting Bretsky’s triumphant win over Mark to capture first place in a dynasty league. The boys discus Jason Kipnis’ return, Ryan Zimmerman’s outlook and the troubling diagnosis for Yordano Ventrua. The Good, the Bad and the Upside continues with a look at Josh Beckett, Chris Tillman and Corey Kluber. The guys play a little Buy/Sell/Hold, reveal their top waiver wire targets of the week and take a dip into the mailbag.
Hit up the guys on Twitter @BretskyBall and @DaTrueGuru to join in on the action!
Box Score Baseball Podcast – Buy When the Price is Right
News and Notes
- Jason Kipnis back from the DL
- Ryan Zimmerman (thumb) still a few weeks away, playing first base and left field
- Matt Kemp – benched for 4 straight, moving to left field — Carl Crawford (ankle) to DL
- Braves promote 2B prospect Tommy LaStella .293/.384/.359 at Triple-A
- Yordano Ventura – latest elbow victim, but can he avoid TJ surgery with “just” a Valgus stress overload?
The Good, the Bad and the Upside
- The Philadelphia Phightins led by Josh Beckett
- Chris Tillman lets down the Memphis Ballaholics
- Corey Kluber keeps it rolling
- Finding a reasonable target for Dee Gordon
- Bats: A.J. Pollock, Adam Lind, John Jaso, Khris Davis, Kolten Wong
- Arms: Trevor Bauer, Tyler Skaggs, Drew Hutchison, Jorge De La Rosa
- Closer Carnage
The Box Score Baseball Podcast theme is written and performed by William “Wild Bill” Hitchcock