Wayne Bretsky and Mark Kaplan dive into the latest happenings in the world of fantasy baseball, covering the unfortunate rash of elbow injuries impacting both the pitchers and hitters, including Jose Fernandez, Martin Perez and Matt Wieters. The boys play discuss weather to buy, sell or hold a number of streaking stars and provide a couple of names to pluck off of the waiver wire. Bretsky tries to talk Mark into talking to his potential trade partner and The Good, the Bad and the Upside continues with Miguel Cabrera, Robbie Ross and Kevin Gausman.
Hit up the guys on Twitter @BretskyBall and @DaTrueGuru to join in on the action!
Box Score Baseball Podcast – Buy When the Price is Right
News and Notes
- Jose Fernandez and Martin Perez to have Tommy John surgery
- Carlos Beltran (elbow) hoping to avoid surgery
- Matt Wieters to the DL may require surgery
- Dillon Gee (lat strain) to the disabled list
- Ben Zobrist (dislocated thumb) likely headed to the DL
- Bats: Chase Headley, Juan Francisco, Danny Espinosa
- Arms: Drew Smyly, Ubaldo Jimenez, Dallas Keuchel
- Closer Carnage
- Chris Johnson
- Garret Richards
- Billy Hamilton
- Juan Francisco
- Doug Fister
- David Price
Fix My Team!
- Mark tries to make a deal
The Good, the Bad and the Upside
- Miguel Cabrera finds his groove
- Robbie Ross crushes owners
- Kevin Gausman, come on down!
The Box Score Baseball Podcast theme is written and performed by William “Wild Bill” Hitchcock
Adrian Gonzalez, Chris Davis, Prince Fielder, Josh Donaldson
Pick 3 for the rest of the year, looking to make a potential trade for Miguel Cabrera and a closer. Potentially packing Felix or Tanaka along with one of those bats for either Miggy and (Chapman,Uehara,Nathan) what do you think?
I am honestly looking to deal Fielder out of this bunch. I am thoroughly impressed in what Josh Donaldson has been able to do so far, backing up very bit of what we saw in 2013. Fielder is hitting far too many balls into the ground these days and while I expect him to bounce back to a certain extent, he is the fourth guy here.
In terms of the trade, packaging any of these bats with an ace is a pretty hefty price, but if you need to pick up that extra closer, I would sign off on sending Prince and an arm for Miguel and a closer.