In Part III of the Box Score Baseball Offseason Extravaganza, Wayne Bretsky and Michael Pichan discuss Clayton Kershaw’s pile-o-cash, Derek Holland’s knee surgery, Pablo Sandoval’s slim waistline and start up the hype-train on Cubs’ prospect Kris Bryant. While You Were Drafting continues with a look at Arizona’s Swiss army knife, Martin Prado and the boys hand out their 2013 Pitcher Superlatives. As always, the show closes with a dip into the mailbag.
Follow the guys on Twitter @BretskyBall and @FantasyNomad to join in on the action!
Box Score Baseball Podcast – Offseason Extravaganza Part III
News and Notes
- Clayton Kershaw gets PAID
- Derek Holland goes under the knife
- Pablo Sandoval drops some lbs.
- Josh Hamilton bulks up
- Manny Machado may be cleared son
- Mat Latos begins a throwing program
- Mark Teixeira swings a bat and Brian Roberts looks healthy (for now)
- Kris Bryant to begin in Double-A
While You Were Drafting – Martin Prado
- Batting just .245/.295/.346 on July 1, Prado rallied with a .320/.370/.488 slash the rest of the way
- Ranked third in the league in RBI in August, top-10 in WAR, top-15 in OBP
2013 Pitching Superlatives
- Pitcher who changed your mind: Jarrod Parker, Jordan Zimmermann
- Most surprising player who can keep it rolling: Sonny Gray, Jose Fernandez
- Most surprising player who will be a bust: Jhoulys Chacin, Patrick Corbin
- Most disappointing player who will bounce back: Cole Hamels, Matt Cain
- Most disappointing player who is dead to you: R.A. Dickey, CC Sabathia
The Box Score Baseball theme is written and performed by William “Wild Bill” Hitchcock